Sonntag, 31. Januar 2016

johnsmith appalachian rain

Appalachian Rain

Setting out on this journey
I packed up my regrets
Now I sit here in this shelter
Seems I don't have many left
So I'm writing you this letter
On this rainy April day
You said your heart needed some distance
So I walked away

CHORUS:
I would gladly walk from Georgia, all the way to Maine
I would cross the creeks and the mountain peaks
Whispering your name
If you asked me I would do this
I would go and not complain
But this walk's for me, to find my peace
In this Appalachian rain

Looking out the Blue Ridge
I pulled a pebble from my shoe
I threw it down into the valley
Then I sat and thought of you
I wish somehow it was that easy
To just let go of all the pain
But it's not, so I keep walkin'
In this Appalachian Rain

CHORUS: ...

BRIDGE:
You could meet me at Katadin
On that clear September day
But if you're not there where the trail ends,
I'll still be okay

CHORUS: ...


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.